Check out the Introduction to understand what’s happening here.
Read the Rules to see what makes Meteor tick.
Jump right in and Make a Character.
Grab the free PDF and character sheets for nice layout and excellent art.
Meteor RPG is written by David Lombardo of AwkwardTurtle Games.
Art by Charles Ferguson-Avery.
The text of Meteor is licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0.
Meteor is designed to be easy to play and teach, and features:
- Quick character creation including “Undefined Skills” chosen during play to avoid decision paralysis.
- Decisive combat that plays fast and encourages tactics and ambushes.
- A simple stress/panic system to emulate horror, without using lasting phobias or conditions.
- Streamlined space ship rules to make exploring star systems dynamic and exciting.
- Space combat that makes ship battles fun without over-complicated logistics.
Meteor is designed for “one shot impact” to let every character shine in a limited time, but with support for longer campaigns focused on:
- Xenoarcheology and Exploration
- Corporate Espionage
- Derelict Ship Diving
- Mercenary Bounty Hunting
Inspired by science fiction including:
- Downbelow Station by C. J. Cherryh
- Wasp by Eric Frank Russell
- The Voyage of the Space Beagle by A. E. van Vogt
- The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
- The Robot stories by Isaac Asimov
- Star Trek (primarily TOS/TNG)
Meteor RPG is still under construction, parts of the game are still being written, playtested, and modified. The core rules are relatively stable, and it’s more than complete enough to pick up and play. Just be aware the parts of the game (particularly the Space Ship Rules) are in flux and likely to change at least slightly pending further playtests.
Read the most recent changelog over on itch.