Traveling through a Warp Gate is instantaneous and requires no Fuel.
Traveling to an adjacent system without a Warp Gate requires 1 Fuel to activate the Warp Drive and takes 1d6 days in warp.
Safe warps must be done from outside the outer ring and requires 6 hours of warm up time.
When warping into a system, the ship enters in a random zone in the outer ring (roll a d8).
An emergency warp can be attempted with a 5 minute warm up (i.e. 5 ship rounds), and from anywhere within a system. This still costs 1 Fuel.
Emergency warps require an appropriate Save to avoid a Warp Mishap.
- The ship, and everything within it, is reflected as through in a mirror.
- You spend no time in warp, but arrive a month later.
- You spend a month in warp, but to an outside observer arrive instantly.
- A hyperspace life-form hitched a ride on the ship.
- You arrive 1d6 (1: an unknown distance, 2-3: two jumps, 4-6: one jump) from your intended destination.
- You arrive in a random inner ring Zone, on an imminent collision course with the largest object.
- The ship, and everything within it, arrives half phased into hyperspace.
- The Warp Drive won’t turn off; trapped in hyperspace.
- The Warp Drive melts into a puddle of liquid metal.
- 1d6 random ship Modules spontaneously explode.